If you don’t have Find My iPhone yet, it is time to download it; there will be a time you will need it. Find My iPhone is a free app from Apple that within a few seconds can locate any iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Mac. You will also be able to disable it or erase its data. To enable the app when you think your device has been stolen, you will need to have the app also downloaded onto another Apple device. You will then open the app on the device you have in your possession, login with your Apple ID and you will be able to view your options- from a Google Map showing you the location of the device, to an 2 minute alarm that will sound even if the thief has silenced it. You will also be able to choose to lock the device and even remotely wipe it.
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Good news! Check out this study that purports that coffee drinkers actually live longer... http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/151779075.html
Friday, May 25, 2012
Be careful of what you like! Spammers and Hackers are now attacking Facebook. It's called "Likejacking" and it can mean you will be hit with video spam, some of which may be pornographic. Twitter and Pinterest have seen similar attacks. Make sure you know what you are "liking" before you click that button.
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
The Avengers came out last week and it was an amazing movie- no doubt about it. As I talked about it with my kids, I realized that Wood Networks it like the Avengers!
Aside from determining who in Wood Networks is each of the Avenger- Jeff Wood is Nick Fury, Mark Blalack is Iron Man, Seth New is Captain America, Jeff Clausen is the Hulk- oops, I digress. Where I really see Wood Networks resembling the Avengers is in three key areas.
1. The Avengers cared about others.
2. The Avengers worked well as a team (even though it did take them a while to realize that).
3. The Avengers looked at the bigger picture, while battling the immediate.
At Wood Networks these are definitely three strong points we bring to the table.
1. We genuinely care about each other and our clients and we work to find the best solutions to help our clients work effectively and efficiently.
2. We are a team, each with unique skills and talents. We were carefully selected to complement each other and bring new skill sets, training and certifications to Wood Networks.
3. We not only tackle our clients’ issues as they occur, but are monitoring their networks to uncover problems before they happen. Our technical staff is also constantly evaluating new technologies to determine which ones will work best for our partners. Our CTO Services allow clients to meet with us on a quarterly or annual basis to project technology needs and ensure the best IT environment for their businesses as they grow and flourish.
Now if only I can get Jeff to start wearing an eye patch…